Steps for Research
Understand the Assignment
Find three different current-event resources on a given topic
Sources can include magazines, journals, newspapers, and Internet resources
Cite your sources in APA format
Identify a Topic
- Think about what you have already covered in class.
- What interests you?
- What do you want to know more about?
- Make a list of topics and keywords
- Use multimedia resources and books from the library to get more ideas and expand your thinking
Find and Evaluate Sources
- Use your keywords to find resources
- Use magazine and newspaper articles to find popular sources
- Use online databases to search with your keywords
- Use websites for magazines and newspapers to find more information
Cite Your Sources
- Use APA format to cite your sources
- Keep track of your sources and build your bibliography using NoodleTools
Purpose of this Guide
This guide will help you find information related to current events in the sciences.
Before you do too much research, you will need to decide on a topic that you would like to explore. Think about some of the topics covered in your class lectures and topics that you have read about in your textbooks.
Some examples of topics that might be interesting to you:
- The Scientific Method